Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rocky Mountain High, John Denver wasn't full of Shit!

I'm in Denver this week for work. Today, I finished up my work at the FDA (working on Melamine in infant formula, dang Chinese trying to make more money with no regard to human safety).

I headed west on I-70 and got off on in Idaho Springs and took the road up towards Mt. Evans, on CO-103. The fall colors on the Aspens were amazing! These are some pictures from my camera phone, crappy quality. I forgot to bring my digital camera this time. I also bought a disposable camera, and will post some of those pictures later. I even took the rental 4x4 for a little bit of off-roading on a forest service road. I got up to around 10,500 feet. I was listening to the Cubs lose the first game of the playoffs. Dang it.

















Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Juliette Blue said...

These pictures are beautiful, even though they are from your camera phone. Will you still be in Denver on Friday? Scott (Porkchop Scotty) is having an art opening. Let me know and I can hook you up with Scott and Erin Lutz!

Rand Peck said...

Great shots Jon, but I never suspected that JD was full of it!
Rand

jb said...

Hi Rand,

That's just a reference to the movie "Dumb and Dumber". They think they're in Colorado and the line in my title is spoken by Jim Carey. Turns out they are in Kansas, after taking the interstate in the wrong direction!