Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Quetico Canoe Trip, 2009

The first week in August, I took my annual canoe trip to the north woods. This time, we went into Canada, to the Quetico Provincial Park. This was a 6 day trip, we did about 50 miles round trip. On the trip were Allen, my regular canoe partner, and my African-American friends Shelver's, Graham, and his two boys Michael and Christopher (they are from South Africa). This would be their second trip to the canoe country.Here are a selection of photos, you can see the whole lot of them at THIS LINK

Early morning after our first night in the woods. The mist was rising from the surface of That Man Lake.

Why not try a sail? It worked, even though the winds were light, we took about 45 minutes of sailing to go 1 mile. With higher winds, it would have been even more fun.

Here we are on a mirror smooth lake, all to ourselves, somewhere near Bell Lake.

The group photo, R-L Allen, Michael, Christopher, Graham, and me. I wish I could go back now!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: