Friday, October 23, 2009

O'Hell International Airport

Yes, my friends, another day at the nation's most miserable airport, ORD, or O'Hell international. If I were Butch O'Hare, the hero this joint is named after, I'd be wicked pissed that this crapper was named after me. I'm on my way to Bismarck Municipal Airport, but the HEL gods (my new abbreviation for this place) have decided to delay my flight multiple times. Now, not only do I not get to see my cousin Matt for a couple of hours, I am going to be late arriving in Montana.

Ok, check this dump out. This sign is clearly posted in the bar at which I am currently sitting. I shit you not, this is for real.

Mayor Daley's Dumpster Task Force? Are you kidding me? For anyone familiar with Chicago politics, this is also known as Mayor Daley's buddy who owns a trash dump service and now has a sweet deal to make money. Of course you'd want a "Dumpster task force" to enforce and inspect the food and restaurant safety in a city. Who else would know more about cleanliness?

On to the bathrooms. All the faucets in the so called "green" city's airport are the lovely Sloan touch free automatic faucets. (Daley calls it that, everyone else knows what a crock that is-I lived here and they didn't even have recycling with the trash. I suppose Daley's dumpster buddy doesn't have a recycling business yet). You know the type, the ones like this:
Well, the ones at HEL, in "our green city" have 2 very annoying features. First, the water pressure is so low, you can barely get your hands wet. Forget about trying to wash the soap off. That's becasue Annoying feature #2 comes into play. The little sensors are crap on this thing. When your hands are underneath and moving around, the faucet decides to shut off on you, pretty much the whole time your hands are there. In fact, if you remove your hands from said faucet, the stupid thing turns ON! Quick, race to put your hands back under, too late, it's off again. I bet Daley has a little camera on his PC that he can look at me and turn the water on and off, sort of a candid camera type thing. I'm sure he's laughing his ass of whenever I try to wash my hands.

One positive, the guy who shines shoes over in the F wing across from Chili's does an amazing job on shoes and my boots. $6 well spent.

1 comment:

Juliette Blue said...

Oh my god, that was the funniest blog post yet. Whew! You kill! :)
Hopefully you can post some rocking wedding pix soon. I love all the blog updates, btw.