Monday, November 3, 2008

Regular Old Trip to San Jose


Nothing too exciting to see here. This is an Airbus 319 at SFO that was just outside the gate where I was sitting, awaiting my flight back to Boston. In the background are 3 747-400s at the international wing of the airport. It's such a good looking plane. These are probably on their way over to Asia, based on the time of day. Take note of the guy in the raincoat on the tarmac on the bike. Looks like they use bikes to get around the tarmac at SFO, way to go!

2 comments:

Rand Peck said...

Nice blog Jon, very interesting. Mechanics often use bikes to get around a ramp. In MSP, when we had mechanics and a large hangar complex, mechanics used a three wheeled variety with a tool box fixed to the back to rapidly and easily get around. This ingenious mode of transportation saved all sorts of time.
Rand Peck

jb said...

Thanks, Rand. I really like your blog too, keep up the good work. I wanted to be a commercial pilot when I was younger (I still dream about it now). Luckily, my job allows me to travel all over the world, not as good as riding up front, but I still get excited every time I get on a plane.