Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First Business Trip of 2009


In the second week of January, I headed from Boston to Newark, NJ via the Amtrak Acela, which is the high speed train along the east coast of the US. It's pretty darn fast from Boston to southern Rhode Island, then it has to go at a more leisurely pace. Still, I got to NY Penn Station in 4 hours, not too bad. I visited with the FDA near JFK airport on Wednesday before heading to Austin for some work. Here's a picture of Terminal 5, the terminal formerly known as the TWA Flight Center, designed by Mr. Eero Saarinen, the famous Finish architect who also is known for the STL arch. The day after I left NYC, the US Airways flight ditched into the Hudson River. It was cold, very cold that week, I'm glad our Airbus made it to AUS from JFK without troubles.

No comments: